This scholarship was introduced in 1985. Application is by nomination.
Application Period Courses
27 June to 25 July 2022
- Engineering in local Polytechnics, NUS/NTU/SMU/SIT/SUTD.
- Muslim Singapore Citizens (regardless of race) or Singapore Permanent Resident who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5
years immediately before being admitted to the institution
- Full time undergraduates of NUS/NTU/SMU/SIT/SUTD (2nd to 4th year only).
- Full time polytechnic students (3rd year only).
- Pass all year-end examinations with at least a Grade ‘C’ average.
- Nominees should not be in receipt of other scholarship or bursary.
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution
4) Income Declaration Form * For self-employed and unemployed family members. (Pls download the form here: Income Declaration Form)
5) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
6) Other supporting Documents if any
*Please note that incomplete applications and incomplete documents will not be processed. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the 'Apply Now' button on the right. First time applicants must create an account on to be able to proceed with the application.
Value of Awards
- Two scholarships are available every year, one each for undergraduate and polytechnic students.
- It is worth $3,000 for undergraduates and $2,000 for polytechnic students.