IntroductionThe scheme was introduced in August 2019 in an effort to encourage students to continue to excel in their studies at the local
institutions. It is to support the financial needs of deserving Muslim students.
To support financially disadvantaged Muslim students at the local polytechnics and universities.
- Muslim Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution.
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree or diploma programme offered by any local polytechnic or university;
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of S$650.00 and below;
- Good results for:
Consideration will be given to applicants with medical condition or whose family members suffer from illness, and/or possess good records of active participation in co-curricular activities.
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘N’, GCE ‘O’ or GCE ‘A’ level examinations, or
- Polytechnic Diploma; or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all fully-completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates after they are accepted by the institutions and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
- Each Bursary is applicable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the Recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, living expenses and fees for other educational activities organised by the tertiary institution the Recipient is enrolled in.
- Recipient(s) may be considered and may be re-awarded the Bursary in the following academic year subject to the fulfilment of the criteria.
Level of Study
27 June - 25 July 2022
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the "Apply Now" button. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution
4) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
5) Self Employed/ Non-Income Declaration Form (Pls download the form here. Income Declaration Form)
6) Other supporting Documents
*Please note that incomplete applications and incomplete documents will not be processed. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.