Yayasan MENDAKI - Bitsmedia Scholarship
The scheme was introduced in April 2022. It is to support and encourage deserving Muslim students from financially disadvantaged families who are enrolled in any of the 6 autonomous universities in Singapore studying in the fields related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering to excel in their studies.
To support financially disadvantaged Muslim students at the local universities
Bitsmedia Scholarship University
- Muslim Singapore Citizen holding a valid National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) or permanent resident (PR) of Singapore;
- Have obtained full time admission to a degree programme in any autonomous universities in Singapore in the fields related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering offered by any of the following autonomous Universities;
- National University Singapore (NUS);
- Nanyang Technology University (NTU);
- Singapore Management University (SMU);
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT);
- Singapore University of Technology & Design (SUTD); and
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Has achieved outstanding results in his/her academic studies (GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic Diploma or NUS High diploma)
- Not in receipt of any other bursaries
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all fully completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews may be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
- Each Scholarship is applicable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The Scholarship shall be used for the recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, living expenses and fees for other educational activities organised by the institution the Recipient is enrolled in.
- Recipient(s) shall be eligible to re-apply under the Scholarship in the subsequent year subject to the fulfilment of the criteria.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who are willing to undertake an internship with Bitsmedia (if an external internship is part of their course curriculum).
- Bitsmedia shall give priority to the beneficiaries of this scholarships in selecting Interns for its internship programme.
|Academic Pursuit ||University|
|Number of Recipients||2|
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution (if any)
4) Family Members’ Particulars Form (Pls download the form here)
5) Income Declaration Form * For self-employed and unemployed family members. (Pls download the form here)
6) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
7) Short write up on your personal goals. Pls upload in MS Word format (Min. 150 words)
8) Other supporting Documents (if any)
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the "APPLY" button located at the top of the page, below the application date. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
*Incomplete applications and documents will not be processed. Please submit ONE bursary OR scholarship application only. We may consider your application for other eligible schemes.
*Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.