Anugerah Belia Cemerlang
Anugerah Belia Cemerlang MENDAKI aims to inspire the community towards embracing lifelong learning and support youths in their quest in attaining various peaks of excellence. This award was formerly known as the Goh Chok Tong Youth Promise Award (GCTYPA), incepted in 2005.
There are three categories that candidates will vie for. They are:
- Overseas Award
- Local Award
- Study Award
Support Muslim youths with potential in diverse fields beyond traditional academic areas, such as in the domains of culinary, sports, music, design and creative industries and performing and visual arts.
- To provide inspiration to the community by identifying and recognising Malay/Muslim youths who can be role models in the community.
- To help Muslim youths with potential in diverse fields beyond traditional academic areas to further develop themselves and realise their potential.
Eligibility Criteria (Overseas & Local)
- Muslim Singapore Citizens (regardless of race) or Permanent Residents who have been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution, between 18 and 35 years of age
- Enrolled in a course of study beyond traditional academic areas, such as in the domains of culinary, sports, music, design and creative industries; performing and visual arts
- Display multi-disciplinarily in their fields of study, combining the above mentioned fields with ICT, an emerging field
- Persons with high integrity and moral character
- Accepted full-time into institutions either locally or overseas to pursue the approved course of study, apprenticeship and skills or talents development opportunities in the field of interest
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all the fully-completed required documents from the applicants
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution
Eligibility Criteria (Study Awards)
- Muslim Singapore Citizens or Muslim Permanent Resident of Singapore (regardless of race), between 20 and 35 years of age, who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution
- Enrolled in a course of study leading to formal qualification i.e. NITEC, Diploma, National Examinations (GCE ‘O’, GCE ‘N’, GCE ‘A’).
- Persons with good character.
- Referred by national/community agencies.
- Accepted into local institutions.
Types of Awards
- ONE (1) Overseas Award
- THREE (3) Local Awards
- FOUR (4) Study Awards
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of Acceptance from Current Institution
4) Family Members' Particulars Form (Pls download the form here)
5) Short write up on your personal goals. Pls upload in MsWord format (Min. 150 words)
6) A Letter of Nomination (with a letterhead) duly signed by the nominating person/institution/organisation/body/agency (a brief write-up that highlights the achievements of the nominee)
7) A Letter of Recommendation (with a letterhead) duly signed by the recommending person/institution/organisation/body/agency on a letterhead (a brief write-up that highlights the achievements of the nominee)
8) A Testimonial (with a letterhead) or verification of volunteering experience by the volunteering organisation/body/agency/association (if any)
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the 'Apply Now' button on the right. First time applicants must create an account on to be able to proceed with the application.
- Application is by nomination
- All nominations must include testimonials of past achievements and supporting documents
- Third party recommendations to vouch for applicant’s character and integrity must also be provided
- Incomplete application will not be considered