Before 1995, the Public Service Commission (PSC) administered the Special Malay Bursary (SMB) for Malay students studying in the local
tertiary institutions. In 1995, MENDAKI took over the administration of the SMB.
- Malay Singapore Citizen or Malay Permanent Resident of Singapore who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution
- Commencing first-year studies in a full-time Degree course in any of the following institutions:
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University / National Institute of Education
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Outstanding results in:
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and GCE ‘A’ level examinations; and/or
- Polytechnic Diploma with a Certificate of Merit
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Good records of active participation in co-curricular activities (CCA).
- Male applicants must have completed their National Service.
- Applicants must apply and complete the admission procedures required by the institutions. They must inform MENDAKI on the outcome of their application to the institution. Applicants who are successful in obtaining a place in the institution must apply for MENDAKI Tertiary
Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS) scheme if the family per capita income does not exceed $2,000.
- Applicants from the low-income family will be given priority.
- Interviews will be held for short listed candidates after they have been accepted by the University.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all the fully-completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
Value of Award
- Living allowance worth $3,400 per annum is available each year to successful candidates.
- The student must submit a copy of his/her examination results yearly to Yayasan MENDAKI before the fund can be disbursed.
27 June - 25 July 2022
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the "Apply Now" button. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution
4) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
5) Self Employed/ Non-Income Declaration Form (Pls download the form here. Income Declaration Form)
6) Other supporting Documents
*Please note that incomplete applications and incomplete documents will not be processed. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.