Special Malay Bursary (Polytechnic)
Before 1995, the Public Service Commission (PSC) administered the Special Malay Bursary (SMB) for Malay students studying in the local
tertiary institutions. In 1995, MENDAKI took over the administration of the SMB.
- Malay Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being
admitted to the institution.
- Pursuing first-year studies in a full-time Diploma course in any of the following institutions:
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
- Obtained outstanding results in:
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘O’ or GCE ‘A’ level examinations, preferably with 3 distinctions; or
- NITEC / Higher NITEC with cumulative GPA score of 3.5 and above
- Possess good records of active participation in co-curricular activities (CCA).
- Applicants must apply for MENDAKI Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS) scheme if the family per capita income does not exceed $2,000.
- Applicants from the low-income family will be given priority.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all fully-completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results (Pls download the form here: Academic Results Form)
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution
4) Family Members' Particulars Form (Pls download the form here: Family Members Particulars Form)
5) Income Declaration Form (Pls download the form here: Income Declaration Form)
6) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
7) Short write up on your personal goals. Pls upload in MsWord format (Min. 150 words)
8) Other supporting Documents
*Please note that incomplete applications and incomplete documents will not be processed. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the 'Apply Now' button on the right. First time applicants must create an account on to be able to proceed with the application.
Value of Award
- Living allowance worth $1,700 per annum is available to first-year students.
- The recipient must submit a copy of his/her examination results yearly to Yayasan MENDAKI before the fund can be disbursed to the