The scheme was introduced in August 2021. It is to support and encourage deserving Malay/Muslim students who are enrolled in local institutes of technical education (ITE), polytechnics and universities in Singapore, to excel in their studies. Priorities are given to students from financially disadvantaged families.
To support financially disadvantaged Malay/Muslim students at the local ITEs, Polytechnics and universities in Singapore.
- Malay/Muslim Singapore Citizen holding a valid National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) or permanent resident (PR) of Singapore;
- Pursuing a full-time Polytechnic programme offered by any local Polytechnic;
- Gross Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of S$750 and below;
- Good academic results in his/her course of study
- Not in receipt of any other bursaries
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all fully completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
- Each Bursary is applicable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, living expenses and fees for other educational activities organised by the institution the Recipient is enrolled in.
- Recipient(s) shall be eligible to re-apply for the bursary in the subsequent year if he/she meets the eligibility criteria’.
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution (if any)
4) Family Members' Particulars Form (Pls download the form here)
5) Income Declaration Form * For self-employed and unemployed family members. (Pls download the form here)
6) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
7) Short write up on your personal goals. Pls upload in MS Word format (Min. 150 words)
8) Other supporting Documents (if any)
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the button below. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
*Incomplete applications and documents will not be processed. Please submit ONE bursary OR scholarship application only. We may consider your application for other eligible schemes.
*Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.