MENDAKI – MIRXES Scholarship
The scheme was introduced in October 2021. It is to support deserving Malay/Muslim students who are pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate studies in life sciences and biotechnology, enrolled in local autonomous universities.
To support Malay/Muslim students who are pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate studies in life sciences and biotechnology.
MENDAKI – MIRXES Scholarship (Degree / Masters)
A beneficiary under the MENDAKI – MIRXES Scholarship must satisfy the following requirements:
- Is a Singapore citizen [holding a valid national registration identity card (NRIC) or a permanent resident of Singapore;
- Is a Malay/Muslim;
- Is pursuing full-time education (for a bachelor’s or master’s degree) in any of the following local autonomous universities in Singapore:
i. National University of Singapore (NUS);
ii. Nanyang Technological University (NTU);
iii. Singapore Management University (SMU);
iv. Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT);
v. Singapore University of Technology & Design (SUTD); and
vi. Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Has achieved good results in his/her academic studies and have obtained admission to degree programme;
- If the academic results between shortlisted applicants are comparable, then those with a lower per capita income (PCI) shall be given a priority;
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship;
- Maintain annual average minimum GPA/CAP score of 3.5 out of 5.0 or equivalent throughout their scholarship term;
- To serve a 2-year bond with MiRXES upon graduation.
Unless otherwise agreed by MIRXES, scholarships are to be given to scholars undertaking the following degree courses or similar:
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all fully completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
- The Scholarship shall be used for the recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, living expenses and fees for other educational activities organised by the institution the Recipient is enrolled in.
|Type of Degree||Courses|
|Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor of Science|
– Bachelor of Science in Computational Biology
– Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
– Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences
– Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Science
– Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
– Bachelor of Science in Statistics
– Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences
– Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
– Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
– Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science
|Bachelor of Engineering|
– Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering
– Bachelor of Engineering in Materials Science and Engineering
– Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering
– Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
– Bachelor of Engineering in Materials Engineering with Second Major in Medical Biology
|Master’s Degree (Coursework Programme)||Science|
– Master of Science in Biotechnology
– Master of Science in Data Science and Machine Learning
– Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
– Master of Science in Biomedical Data Science
– Master of Science in Management of Technology
– Master of Science in Material Science and Engineering
– Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
– Master of Science in Project Management
– Master of Science in Smart Manufacturing
The MENDAKI-MIRXES Scholarship will be awarded to two undergraduate and two post-graduate students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree respectively in local autonomous universities. Each undergraduate student will receive $10,000 per year for four years and each post-graduate student will receive $15,000 per year for two years.
4 Aug - 21 Aug 2022
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the "Apply Now" button. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution
4) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
5) Self Employed/ Non-Income Declaration Form (Pls download the form here. Income Declaration Form)
6) Other supporting Documents
*Please note that incomplete applications and incomplete documents will not be processed. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.